Mom was so impressed with my change in eating habits and attempts at cooking that she sent me a pressure cooker (6 qt) as an early Christmas gift.
FYI I now have a low carb recipe site over at LowCarbKitty.com!
I have never even seen one, much less used one, so last night was my first attempt. A DELICIOUS RESULTS ATTEMPT.
Inspired by this recipe, I concocted the following recipe and served it on cauliflower-rice. It was DELICIOUS. My friend that sampled it with me had seconds, and raved on about how good it was.
Since I get a weekly farmer’s basket, I pretty much just used whatever was in the box they sent. Those items below are italicized (note that I special ordered the mushrooms).
- Cubed stew meat (I used about 1.6 lbs, note that my cooker is only a 6qt)
- Large yellow onion – diced
- Butternut squash – peeled and cubed
- Chanterelle mushrooms – yellow (or any hearty mushroom) – about 1/4 lb
- Large carrot – peeled and diced
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 pinches of fresh rosemary
- 3 pinches of thyme
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of beef stock
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Salt n’ pepa
- Sauteed the onion in a little bit of olive oil and then set aside
- Sauteed the stew meat about 3 minutes per side to brown. I did not drain the fat after, but you could if you want to reduce some calories. VIVA ANIMAL FAT
- Add everything into the pot – follow your manufacturer’s instructions to seal pot, etc.
- Cook 15 minutes starting at the ‘start time’ for your pot (i.e. the knob is ‘rocking back and forth slowly) then turn off heat
- Let sit for 15 minutes after that, then open and NOM!!!!
As mentioned above, I served it on some cauliflower rice I made while waiting for the stew to cook (and I microwaved the rice for about 5 minutes to soften it up).
I could barely finish my bowl, it was so hearty and delicious. I just had a bowl today for lunch. YAY
Have any pressure cooker recipes you can share with me?